Monday, January 3, 2011

1/3/2011 - Day One: Demo

Today is/was demo day. That means a lot of banging and whacking. Dust and debris. I'd love to say that's what I imagined it to be, but no, I was here. For all of it. After a prompt trip to urgent care this morning, I was diagnosed with strep throat and an ear infection.

<A little back story on this... I've been on-and-off not well for a few months it seems. But each time I'd end up recovering on my own and giving all credit to my exceptional genes. Well, the past 2 weeks I've had a sore throat. Nothing horrible, but there. I just used Tylenol to get by and assumed my genetic superiority would come through again. That was dumb. This morning my throat had white spots. No bueno. I needed a professional, I needed antibiotics>

I got an Rx, filled it and returned home. Well, there was no sleeping. Partly because of the noise but also bc i just had a good solid 9hrs of sleep during the night. I did a great job of not getting involved, in the way, or otherwise letting my curious nature interfere with the hard work these good men were doing.

I completely trust our contractor. As things were taken out today, there were no surprises. That's really good news because you never know what's under the appliances, under the old tiling, you just don't know what you're going to find. So we got over a major hurdle. I'm excited to come home tomorrow evening and see the floors. So far, not much to look at, but here's the gut job:
The sink used to live here
cabinet graveyard, outside

"welcome to my gutted kitchen"





1 comment: